Have You Found Your Soulmate? If So, Which Type?

Recently while scrolling through TikTok, I have seen many tarot card readings in-telling "signs you have met your soulmate," and that got me thinking: have I already met my soulmate? After researching on Google, I have found countless resources telling me whether or not I have met my soulmate, from 10 tell-tale signs you have met your soulmate, to 5 ways to attract your soulmate. More importantly, I have discovered that everyone has met their soulmate, just not in a romantic sense.

First off, what is a soulmate…

Well, a soulmate could be classified and identified by various different aspects. People often describe a soulmate as someone who you can be yourself around. They give you a sense of comfort and relaxation, and you may even have formed a strong emotional connection with this person. It could be someone that you instantly click with or someone who will challenge you in complex ways. Soulmates do not always have to be a romantic partner, there are multiple different kinds of soulmates that you will meet throughout your life.

Here are different types of soulmates that you may have:

Soulmate Friends

This type of soulmate is someone who you may have instantly connected with. Oftentimes you are able to talk to this person for hours, and you feel that they won't judge you. They may even understand you better than you understand yourself. They stay by your side regardless of the hardships you may be facing. Spiritual people even think of soulmate friends, or companion soul mates, as someone you want to spend your earthly life with. These soulmate friends are essential to who you become in life as they can encourage you, regardless of if they are by your side for your lifetime or just temporarily.

Twin Flame Connection

Similar to a companion soulmate, this is someone who you have an instant connection with. Though, twin flames are two people who have an intense instant connection. Many describe twin souls as one soul that has been split between two different bodies. A twin flame could range from being a best friend to being a romantic partner. Your behavior often mirrors that of your twin flame. Your twin flame could provide a sense of wholeness and many believe they could elevate self-knowledge.

Romantic soulmates

This type of soulmate is the one that everyone seems to know about. Contrary to what we have been taught about romantic soulmates, they don't start off with feeling butterflies in their stomachs. In fact this feeling builds over time as you are getting to know each other. Romantic soulmates are not always meant to last forever, they may be around to help you grow through the relationship. These soulmates can give us opportunities to grow, learn, or heal. Though, even if the relationship is the happiest, they could still challenge you in ways that can make you uncomfortable.

The Wrecking Ball Soulmate/Karmic Soulmate

The wrecking ball/karmic soulmates are another that we often encounter throughout our lives. This is someone who enters our life abruptly and makes us challenge what we believe about ourselves and our lives. It is often a cause and effect situation that leaves you to rebuild or change certain aspects about yourself. These soulmates are change agents who, through interactions that range from positive, negative, or neutral, help us to grow and achieve new experiences.

Divine Love Soulmates

A divine soulmate is someone that everyone seems to crave to have. For one, they could be described as the person who you meet at the right time. They may have a familiar aura about them that may result in you thinking or believing you have known them a lifetime before. You tend to have an intense connection with them that never goes away, this connection can often lead to romance between yourself and this person.

There are countless types of soulmates. Whether you believe in them or not, almost everyone has met one type of soulmate. So which type of soulmate do you have?