The Difference Between Mr. Right And Mr. Right Now

Boys who ask girls to hang out at 2:00 p.m. and not at 2:00 a.m. are very important.

18393
Stocksnap

In our young adult life, I think we get pretty confused about the terminology that labels what kind of relationship we are in. Simply being someone's girlfriend is actually pretty uncommon. Nowadays, we have dating without the label, talking (whatever that means), friends with benefits, BAE and more. Along with trying to figure out what kind of relationship you're in, you also have to decide which guys are worth keeping for the long haul and which guys aren't. It is exhausting.

We're in that awkward stage of our lives where half of our friends are on the verge of settling down with their own Mr. Right, while the other half of us are in a committed relationship with chicken nuggets because we can't find "The One."

When I refer to Mr. Right, I mean that can't eat, can't sleep, reach for the stars, over the fence, World Series kind of love. When I refer to Mr. Right Now, I mean that even though you don't see yourself having a future with him, he's fun for the time being. Don't get me wrong, you can still fall for Mr. Right Now if he disguises his true intentions at first. You just need to be able to use your best judgment on who has the truest heart.

1.

Mr. Right will post pictures of the two of you on his Instagram, Facebook or Snapchat story.
Mr. Right Now will make you seem nonexistent on social media.

2.

Mr. Right will text you to ask how your day is going.
Mr. Right Now will only text you when he is bored or at nighttime.

3.

Mr. Right will invite you to hang out with his best friends and him.
Mr. Right Now won't even bring you around his acquaintances.

4.

Mr. Right will be content if your Saturday night plans consist of staying in.
Mr. Right Now will go out while you stay in and meet up with you after.

5.

Mr. Right will know your favorite member of Fall Out Boy.
Mr. Right Now will be embarrassed that you still listen to Fall Out Boy.

6.

Mr. Right will like you for your hilarious personality and intelligence.
Mr. Right Now will only compliment you on your physical appearance.

7.

Mr. Right will enjoy the Snapchats you send him of your triple chin.
Mr. Right Now will ask you for a sexy selfie. (Ew.)

8.

Mr. Right will be excited to meet your family.
Mr. Right Now will avoid having to meet your family at all costs.

9.

Mr. Right will talk about your potential future together without getting freaked out.
Mr. Right Now will never talk about his feelings.

10.

Mr. Right will get to know you before trying to hook up.
Mr. Right Now will try to hook up with you the first night he meets you.

11.

Mr. Right will take you on dates.
Mr. Right Now will ditch your date night for his friends.

12.

Mr. Right will make your relationship a priority.
Mr. Right Now will treat your relationship like a game of cat and mouse.

Sometimes, Mr. Right Now will realize that he has it pretty good, and you're the girl that changed his ways. Though, that is not always (rarely) the case. Whether you're in a relationship with your soulmate, or you're still making a few pit stops before you reach your final destination, just remember to never settle for less than you deserve.