You Didn't Break Me

You Didn't Break Me

You were supposed to be the one who saved me, but that's a different article.

15
You Didn't Break Me

You were supposed to be different and you weren’t. You were supposed to be the one who saved me, but that's a different article.

You got me to trust you. You told me you wanted me to trust you, so I did. And don't get me wrong it isn't that easy to get me to trust, but I really thought you were different. I was told by so many people to just take a leap of faith with you so I did.

I promised. I promised that I wouldn't run away this time. I promised I wouldn't let fear strike my heart. Have mercy, I was so happy to have you. You knew just how to deal with my stupid sadness, and I promised you had saved me.

You promise. You promised that no matter what happened between us, you wanted to be there. You promised you wanted to go slow and make sure we both wanted to continue. I didn't hear you put on the breaks. I didn't notice you slowly pulling away.

You didn't break me. You might have stalled me, or slightly slowed me down. You didn't stay long enough to break me. And maybe you didn't want to break me, but I don't know you like I thought I did.

I want you to know even though you didn't break me; you did make me not trust you. Even though I miss you and want to give you another chance, you proved to me you cannot handle that. I wish you best and I hope one day I can look at you without a sting in my heart.