Diary Of A Collegiate Procrastinator

Diary Of A Collegiate Procrastinator

Inside a procrastinators mind

12
Diary Of A Collegiate Procrastinator
Haiku Deck

I have a big paper due in a week. I have a whole week! How awesome is that? Professors can be kind sometimes. They give us a good time allotment to get this work done. I'm going to work on it piece by piece each day. It's Sunday, it's only ten pages and it's not due until Friday. Netflix and laundry it is with the rest of my Sunday!

Monday:

Today I have three classes, and we get to work on our paper in class! The other two are giant lecture classes so maybe I'll work on it some in there. They are super boring and who wants to sit and listen to American history for the 5th time in my life? I got all my laundry done last night and finished season two of Grey's, so I'll take a break from that. I just need to get two pages done a day and I'll be great. I think I'll even squeeze in a workout today! I only have to work for three hours so I have plenty of time.

Tuesday:

I didn't get my two pages done yesterday. I started season three and I couldn't stop! It was too good. I went to work and then I was just tired. Facebook and Twitter lured me in during class so I didn't pay attention or get any of my paper done then anyway. But... I only have two classes today and don't work! How awesome is that? I should probably do my dishes from last night's dinner or my roommates might get angry. I just need to add in an extra page a day and that is so easy. It'll be great.

Wednesday:

All my friends went to the volleyball game last night so I had to go with! They were giving away free t-shirts and we were playing our rival. I got my t-shirt and now i have a shirt for the football games! I wrote like a paragraph of my paper and looked at the rubric. I was going to do more when I got home but my roommates were angry with me so I did my dishes and then went to hang out with my boyfriend. I just stayed there so I didn't have my laptop. It'll be fine. I'll crack down tonight.

Thursday:

So last night was deals at the bar and I needed to drink after the fiasco with my roommates and the stress of this paper. It's been terrible. My boyfriend wouldn't come either because he wanted to play video games. That's all he did the night before too! He doesn't even pay attention to me! So I drank my night away. I have to work five hours tonight and close, so it'll be a long night. This paper is due by 5 PM tomorrow. I can still make it.

Friday:

What is this!!! I haven't slept, there's no way I can go to class, I didn't know this paper was on a whole book!! It's not on spark notes either! How am I supposed to write this many pages in this amount of time? What are these teachers doing to me?! Like, I have a part-time job, school, and a social life I am trying to balance here. How can I even go grocery shopping or workout! No wonder I put on that freshman-15. Why do I need 10 other references? This is ridiculous.

I'm halfway done and it's 12 o'clock. I am on my second monster and third cup of coffee. I am BSing pretty good. I really just want to sleep. I hate school. I hate myself. Why do I do this, every time? I blame my roommates. And my boyfriend. I would've been done. So annoying.

4 o'clock. 8 pages done. Okay let's just get onto the 10th page. It still counts. I can't believe I am going to pull this off. My friends want to go out tonight. There's no way I need sleep. Oh, my grade from my last paper is up. A C!!!!! What is that! I stayed up all night and worked so hard on that. Why do i even try. Ugh.

5 o'clock. Zzzzzzzzzz