3 Practical Ways To Help You Reduce Stress During Exam Week

The stress of exam week has already started to affect some of us, so here are ways to distress.

9
Unsplash via Alex Samuels

Recently, I have been stressed about my college exams coming up. There are just so many assignments that I need to do and so much that I need to study for. I have been thinking of ways to not overwhelm myself with all the work I have due. Here are three tips that I came up with to reduce stress during exam week.

Plan Accordingly

Personally, I want to hang out with all of my friends and do all of my assignments. For me, when it comes to schoolwork, I am a planner. I like to plan out time to get my assignments done. Also, I like to work in increments so that I have time to rest or time to hang with friends during my breaks. Planning my schedule actually helps to get everything that I need to get done without getting so stressed.

Do Not Wait Until the Last Minute to Learn All of Your Material

I think that it is necessary not to cram yourself with work the day before an exam or the day of the exam. For me, it only makes me stressed and I feel like I never do well if I wait until the last minute to go over things. No matter how much it may suck to pull out your books and study in advance, it is so much more worth it.

Still, Have Fun!

It is still okay to have fun during exam week. When I only think about my exams, I start to get stressed out. I try to plan things with friends, so I can take my mind off of my work. Also, I love to spend personal time with myself to reflect and simply just relax. Sometimes it's nice to just go with the flow when you are not constantly overpowering yourself with work. It is very important to get your work done, but do not stress yourself out about it too much because your stress will not change the fact that you still have exams.