I Absolutely Despise the Concept of a "DFF"

To have a "DFF" means to look at that person and see ONLY their weight

119
Jerry Kiesewetter

For some reason, when I'm driving, my mind contemplates really random things (do others have that problem or is it just me?). For example, the other day I started dwelling on this conversation I had quite a while back. The conversation my mind decided to contemplate was with a good friend, who is slightly larger than me in size (that isn't very difficult to do. I'm 5'2 and weigh almost 100 lbs), and she called herself the "DFF".

Honestly, in that moment I didn't know what a "DFF" was. It wasn't a term I had really heard used in conversation. Well apparently it means "Designated Fat Friend". Urban Dictionary defines "DFF" as:

Acronym for "Designated Fat Friend"
the D.F.F. is the friend attractive girls bring with them, because the D.F.F. is unattractive, so in terms of relativity (see even hot chicks use einstein) the hot chick looks even hotter.
the D.F.F. tends to believe that if they are hanging out with beautiful people they must also be beautiful. what is important here, is that they are wrong.
the D.F.F. is historically the person with who the "wingman" must "take one for the team"

I have an unsaid mount of rage that this concept gives me. I honestly don't know if I will be able to fully capture how much this idea angers me, but I will do my best to express my anger and explain why.

Let's begin with the idea that we are looking at physical beauty alone, as the above definition says. For me, I do not look at beauty as something physical. Now I am not denying that there are absolutely stunning people in this world, but personally that isn't what I am drawn to in people. I see beautiful hearts and souls, and that's how I look at people. On top of that, there are very few people in this world that I DO NOT find attractive. I see everyone in their own beauty.

So, for me to have a "DFF" means I am looking at a girl as an object, based on her weight and weight alone. That is so *insert curse word I shouldn't write here* DISGUSTING to me! To be "designated" for something is to be put in that place, which also means you need to pick out specifically who you want for that place; which in this case is highly judgmental.

To have a DFF means to look at that person and see ONLY their weight. That's just not right. I look at all my friends are these lovely goddesses that I have been blessed to call my friends. I suggest the idea and term "DFF" is thrown into the trash where it belongs because we are all freaking bosses and are all freaking beautiful.