'Desperate Housewives' Will Always Be One Of The Best TV Dramedies

'Desperate Housewives' Will Always Be One Of The Best Dramedies In TV History

This show is the best addiction, fulfilling your drama crave for eight seasons.

11

If Wisteria Lane was a real neighborhood, I would move there in a heartbeat. I'd be the fly on the wall witnessing all the drama because it's too good not to turn back on. "Desperate Housewives," the ABC show that premiered in 2004, created by Marc Cherry is a milestone in television for its witty humor, non-stop drama, continuous twists, its massive charm, and strong leading women. The show is centered around the lives of four lovely housewives living in a picture-perfect neighborhood under the most dysfunctional personal circumstances.

Susan (Teri Hatcher) is a single hopeless romantic klutz, living with her extremely mature teenage daughter. Bree Van De Kamp (Marcia Cross) is a walking Martha Stewart trying to keep everything clean especially her messy family. Lynette Scavo (Felicity Huffman) a brave wife trying to manage four rascals of children. Gabriella Solis (Eva Longoria) is the fabulous ex-model trying to find a purpose through her material life. While Mary Alice, former neighbor (who killed herself in the first episode) of these housewives looks upon them and tells their gracious stories season by season as the narrator.

From characters burning houses down accidentally to mowing lawns in evening gowns, and that was only in the first season! This show really had it all and the storylines only grow. In one season there were around five character deaths, suicide, drunk driving, and three murders. Two divorces happened, house arrest, arson, a wife cheating on her husband with the teenage gardener, a hitman in cahoots with the police trying to kill someone living in their neighborhood, multiple "I'm your father" moments, a dead body in a toy chest, quitting jobs... it's all fantastic. It's driving at full speed at almost every second.

Now you should know, there are eight seasons of this madness. There's even an episode where a plane crashes through the neighborhood. The humor around each episode is built-in so whimsically making the viewer be entertained with a grin every moment. The accompanying soundtrack sounds like IKEA stock-music or the theme song to any sims games, which helps tighten in the aura that is "Desperate Housewives." Furthermore, these women are STRONG; they go through some of the most dysfunctional events and still manage to keep gorgeous homes in their cusps.

Throughout those eight seasons, new housewives come and go, natural disasters even fly in out of nowhere, you're going to laugh and you're DEFINITELY going to cry as well. I recommend this show to anyone who needs a laugh, a cry and a twist in one entire package. From shootouts at grocery stores to a tornado obliterating the neighborhood and blinding one of the husbands, all eight seasons of "Desperate Housewives" are available now on Hulu. Watch it, you won't stop.