There are several luxury designers around the world. These are the ones I see the most on a daily basis. If you're anything like me, you will understand where I'm coming from when looking at all the prices and designs.
Michael Kors will always be a fad. Of course, I've given in and purchased one before. Why I would ever buy a bag that expensive? That's 300 dollars down the drain. I could've bought a knock-off Michael Kors bag in New York City. Better yet, I could've gone to TJ Maxx and bought an even better one for $10. Sure I would look "rich" walking down the street with an expensive designer bag, but why not get a cheaper one that will serve the same purpose.
Recently, designer shoes have been put in the spotlight. There are many songs that depict shoes as a luxury. There is even a song titled "Gucci Flip Flops". Seriously, who needs designer flip flops? I wear flip flops to the beach in the summer, and they are bound to get worn out. There is no reason to buy $210 on those when you can easily go to Old Navy and buy five pairs for five dollars! Yet, you will spot many people wearing their Gucci flip flops on Instagram. (Weird flex, but ok)
Designer belts are trendy and all, but they are way out of an average person's price range. Louis Vuitton belts range anywhere between $300 to over $1,000. That is insane. I am completely fine ordering my belt off amazon or going to my closest Forever21 for $15. A belt is a belt, it was just made to hold your pants up!
Trends. Trends. Trends. Everyone loves being trendy. I just discovered the brand Off-White recently when I saw several girls on Instagram posting pictures in their new belts. I thought it was caution tape wrapped around their waste. The average price for one of their belts is a little over $200. Even though this brand seems to be up and coming, I don't see what the hype is all about.
Another brand that is featured in a popular song is Versace. This high-class brand has always been popular. I was in New York City a few years back when I walked into their store, I felt the employee's eyes following me. It's expensive stuff, they have to keep an eye out, and I don't blame them! On their site, the cheapest women's top I found was $665. I'm not sure about you but I'm pretty sure I don't have that type of money for a t-shirt.
- 30 Quotes For The Fashion-Obsessed ›
- A History Of New York Fashion Week ›
- Michael Kors Is The Worst. Here's Why ›
- Major Fashion Companies Stealing From Indie Designers ›
- FASHION NET | this is the world of fashion ›
- Top Fashion Trends 2019 - Latest Runway Style & Celebrity Red ... ›
- Fashion Nova | Fashion Online For Women & Men | Affordable ... ›
- Off-white ›
- Michael Kors Usa: Designer Handbags, Clothing, Menswear ... ›
- Versace Official Online Store | Fashion Clothing & Accessories ›
- Gucci Official Site – Redefining modern luxury fashion. ›
- Designer Collections | Nordstrom ›
- Designer List | Barneys New York ›
- Designer Brands: All Top Designers & Fashion Brands ... ›
- Designer - Wikipedia ›
- Shop by Designer | Gucci, Saint Laurent, Christian Louboutin, Prada ... ›