Everyone Deserves Love

Everyone Deserves Love

Refuse to conform to this society and instead show love to others.

135
Everyone Deserves Love

Death is not something that should be taken lightly. When somebody dies everyone tends to come together and share their love for one another and create this amazing unbreakable community. I experienced this hands on as a classmate just lost her younger brother to cancer. While all of us are away at college we still found a way to show their family love and support. We come from a small suburban town where word spreads fast. But all this connectedness made me start thinking…Why don’t we show this kind of love and support everyday to everyone?

Being at college, you are constantly surrounded by people whether you like it or not. But so often you see people sitting alone and do you do anything about it? Now I understand some people want to sit alone, need some space and time to rest, but it wouldn’t hurt to smile at them or say a simple hello.

When I came to BGSU I instantly joined h2o. H2o is an amazing organization that holds weekly church services and small group gatherings. Immediately, I joined a small group bible study so I could not only learn about the lord, but be surrounded by people who had the same beliefs as myself and would encourage me to be more like Christ. My group leader challenged the group to listen to God’s nudges, meaning, God has a path for us and that little voice in our head is him encouraging us to do something.

I felt a push to begin to love people, even complete strangers. To smile and say hello, no matter what mood I am in. Slowly I’m going beyond saying hello, asking if they’d like someone to sit with them. If they say no, that’s one hundred percent okay. My purpose for doing this is to show that I noticed them. I see them. And everyone deserves someone to acknowledge them.

Another thing that always happens when someone passes is the oh so famous if you need anything let me know. Sure this is because death is such a hard thing to handle. But why can’t we do this to our close ones more frequently? Why does it have to take a death to tell someone and let them know that you’re always there for them, no matter what the circumstance may be.

I felt another nudge, to let all my friends and family know I am here to listen and I am here if they ever needed anything. I love them all endlessly. I would be lost without them, because in the end they are my everything. I wouldn’t be who I am today without them and I wouldn’t know the things I know today without them. I would be nothing without them. Plus, I always know they would do the same for me. If I asked for someone to lean on, they would be the first ones by my side making me laugh until my stomach hurt.

Lastly, we always ask people if they’re doing alright when someone dies. Again I understand this is an extremely difficult time for everyone. It’s a time of mourning, but shouldn’t we ask them if they’re okay more often? If we don’t ask how will we know what’s on their mind, or what they’re struggling with or the flip side, if they are experiencing some overwhelming joy. It’s simple we won’t.

I’ve begun to make this a habit. Ask everyone how things are going and to make sure I know what’s going on in everyone’s busy life. I’ve developed so many close relationships just simply by asking about their day, week, or since the last time I’ve talked to them. Some days are just plain rough. Some days you just think you can’t take it anymore. But what if a loved one asked you about your impossible day? Being able to share a terrible experience with someone you trust, almost automatically lifts a huge burden off your shoulders.

In the end, we only lead one life. Let’s live for something. Live to do good in the world and help others. This world is filled with ugliness and so much negativity, refuse to conform to this society and instead show love to others.