The Black Beast Faces Dos Santos

Dos Santos Vs Lewis: Knockout Kings Collide

Junior Dos Santos Takes On Derrick Lewis In A Heavyweight Main Event

503

This weekend the UFC will be making its first appearance in Kansas as it holds a spectacular event at the Intrust Bank Arena in Wichita, Kansas with the #3 ranked heavyweight in the division Derrick Lewis facing off against #8 ranked Junior Dos Santos in a huge main event. Both of these fighters are hoping to get a big win that would set them both up once again for title contention.

Former UFC Heavyweight Champion #8 ranked has been on a climb back to the top of the mountain as he has gotten 2 wins back to back since he fought former champion Stipe Miocic for the belt but came up short losing the fight via TKO. Since then Junior Dos Santos has put on fantastic performances with hopes of keeping this momentum on his side when he faces former title challenger "The Black Beast" Derrick Lewis this weekend.

In his last bout Junior Dos Santos took on top heavyweight contender Tai Tuivasa in a fight that left Dos Santos leg badly damaged, but he still pulled together the victory when he won the fight via TKO in the 2nd round after landing a big shot. After earning his second victory in a row Junior went on to call out Alistair Overeem for a rematch that he felt was overdue but clearly as time went on we found out the UFC had different plans for both fighters.

Former title challenger #3 ranked Derrick Lewis is ready to make his return to the octagon as he is in a fight to hold his ranking in the heavyweight division. He has been on a tear as of late aside from his last bout with Lewis stacking up numerous knockout victories. "The Black Beast" had a tough fight in his last bout at UFC 230 when he took on UFC Heavyweight Champion Daniel "D.C." Cormier but lost the fight in the 2nd round via rear naked choke. While Lewis was disappointed in his performance, there was no doubt that he is one of the hardest hitters in the division.

With the heavyweight division still in limbo as the world awaits an announcement for Brock Lesnar's returns to face Daniel "D.C." Cormier in a fight that was essentially booked months ago in the fans minds no one really knows who is potentially next for a shot at the title. Former champ Stipe Miocic has been very vocal with calling out Daniel Cormier as he truly feels he deserves a rematch for his title and to be honest Stipe is not wrong.

Especially with Francis Ngannou tasking out Cain Velasquez so quickly no one really knows what is going on. Until that whole situation gets cleared up the picture can become a little clear after this huge main event takes place with 2 huge knockout artists when the Octagon door closes behind "The Black Beast" Derrick Lewis and Former champion Junior Dos Santos this weekend in Kansas as both of these fighters hope to get another step closer to another title fight.