Deportation, Separation
Politics

Deportation, Separation

The news about deportation and separation is difficult, but we need to keep advocating for change

86
Deportation, Separation

In the past year, Donald Trump's presidency has been nothing, but a bumpy roller coaster. From immediately taking action to get a wall built to attacking people on social media - specifically on Twitter. In my honest opinion, I think it has brought more attention to people around the country that the family separation once deportation is in progress has opened the eyes of many. According to the Department of Homeland Security, approximately 2,000 immigrant children were separated from their parents during April and May.

Recently, Trump was asked to do an executive order to change the family separation in which Trump said that an executive order could not be done! Yet, not too long ago he signed an executive order to not separate families. Not to say that it isn't good that he finally ended family separation, but there are already thousands of children who were separated from their parents that have no idea where their parents are anymore. The people that were excited about the executive order know that? Probably not.

Families deserve to be together especially in situations like this where majority of the children being deported have never visited the country they are being sent to. Hearing the news, it is devastating to hear that people who are protesting are being arrested. People are taking a stand against the Trump Administration and I.C.E. because what is going on is not right and is inhumane. In a new CBS News Poll, approximately 67% of people think that separation of parents and children is unacceptable and 17% think that it is acceptable. When it comes to the political parties in connection to the same poll and question:

90% of Democrats think it is unacceptable

5% of Democrats think it is acceptable

16% of Democrats are indecisive

36% of Republicans think it is acceptable

39% of Republicans think it is unacceptable

but... 66% of Republicans are indecisive

It is INHUMANE TO KEEP FAMILIES APART, WHY PUT PARENTS AND THEIR CHILDREN THROUGH THE PAIN? Seriously - why put them through that pain if we know that if we were taken away from our parents, not only would we would be devastated, but so will our parents.

Be a voice, advocate for the end of the separation of families. Help the families and speak up!