Demi Lovato And Max Ehrich Broke Off Their Engagement

Demi Lovato And Max Ehrich Broke Off Their Engagement And, Sorry Not Sorry, We Saw This Coming

I love Demi, but I can't say I'm surprised.

22476
Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich

That's right, you heard that correctly: Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich called off their engagement after the couple originally announced their engagement in July after beginning to date in March.

As sad as I am for the two of them because it was probably an incredibly hard decision, you really don't know someone after only four months of dating. In fact, the "honeymoon phase" of dating can be anything from six months to two years. Considering they started dating in March, and it's now September, they really just hit the end of that honeymoon phase as this was all going down.

It doesn't mean they didn't love each other at some point or want to be with each other, it just means that as the starry eyes and heart eyes wore off, so did the relationship.

In all reality, most couples date for an average of two to five years before getting engaged and remain engaged for 12 to 18 months before getting married. This isn't to say that a quick engagement and marriage can't be successful because it can be, but this is to say that maybe, just maybe, Demi and Max got starry-eyed and overzealous in their honeymoon phase.

Relationships have to be tested, and they can be tested in short relationships at times. The true test comes, though, when you've been with someone for years, seen them at their worst, seen them at their best, and everything in between and still want to wake up every day and fight for your relationship. Fight for that person even when it's hard because you can't picture your life without them.

A four-month relationship followed by a two-month engagement seems pretty disposable to me.

People can enter your life just as suddenly as they can leave it, and I think that's why so many people tend to date for several years before making that commitment because marriage is a super serious commitment and not something to be taken lightly. You need to make sure that your future spouse isn't going to walk out of the door just as quickly as they walked into it.

So, sorry not sorry, but as much as everyone was rooting for this to work out, if we're honest with ourselves, we knew that more than likely it wasn't going to last...