Delta Zeta Supports The Hearing Impaired Through Its Annual Philanthropy Festival

Help support the Alpha Sigma chapter of Delta Zeta on November 16th!

98
Ilana Stein

In 2015, the sorority Delta Zeta pledged to raise $5 million dollars by the year 2020 for their National Philanthropy Partner, the Starkey Hearing Foundation. Delta Zeta successfully completed their pledge just this year, but are still working tirelessly for the speech and hearing impaired. Due to Delta Zeta's continued efforts and large successful donation, the Starkey Hearing Foundation provided over 500,000 hearing aid fittings to those in need; created a global recipient base; built 70 programs around the globe, and are still creating other initiatives to support their cause.

At Florida State University, even a pandemic won't stop the Alpha Sigma chapter of Delta Zeta from raising money for their philanthropy. This year marks the third year that the sorority will host their annual Food Truck Festival event to collect funds for the Starkey Hearing Foundation and the FSU Speech and Hearing Clinic. The FSU Speech and Hearing Clinic works to provide speech-language services to clients and develop exemplary treatment procedures for student and professional use.

The event will take place at 749 West Jefferson Street from 4-8:30 p.m. on November 16th. In accordance with CDC guidelines and with respect for the neighboring community, the Alpha Sigma chapter has made diligent efforts to prioritize the safety of all attendees. Those who attend must wear a mask at the event and will be prompted to select a 45-minute shift when purchasing their ticket.

Since its location at Florida State University in 1924, the Alpha Sigma chapter of Delta Zeta has been an active member of the surrounding community. Last year alone, the Alpha Sigma chapter at Florida State University raised $21,182 through its fundraising events and dedication to philanthropy.

To support the sorority and its goal to raise $5000 this year for the hearing impaired, visit this website to donate or buy a ticket for their upcoming event: https://dz.crowdchange.co/15576