What Friends character are you?

A Definitive Ranking Of The 'Friends' Characters

We all have our favorites, and the characters we relate to.

59
NBC//Friends

"Friends" is one of those TV shows that are timeless, and universally relatable. There is something so familiar about the cast of friends, and after watching every episode countless times, I have to pay tribute to my absolute favorite characters, and provide explanations for the other characters I love, just not as much.

6. Phoebe.

She is, hands down, the quirkiest character in the friend group. I do love Phoebe, but there are so many cringey moments throughout the seasons that land her the #6 spot on my list. She also gets marks off for never ending up with Joey.

5. Ross.

It hurts me to rank Ross so low on this list, but I have such a love/hate relationship with him. He always cracks me up, and I can relate to his breakdowns, but he can be so annoying and obnoxious.

4. Joey.

Joey is just a little too ditzy for me. I know that Joey is supposed to be an oblivious character, which adds to his charm, but I don't have that much patience for him. He does have breakthrough moments where he is so sweet and genuine, and that is the Joey I love.

3. Rachel.

In the earlier seasons, I hated Rachel. I thought that she was such a snob, as her character was intended to be, and I was always annoyed at how she worked minimally to get what she wants. Throughout the seasons, Rachel grows into such an independent, hard-working woman, and I love her for that.

2. Monica.

Giph

Maybe I'm biased with this ranking, because I related to Monica so much. She does her thing, and doesn't let anyone give her shit for it. I love Monica, and how eccentric she can be. She is so organized and I aspire to be as prepared as her, all the time. Though she is so structured, it is so fun to see her let loose and have fun.

1. Chandler.

The number one spot goes to Chandler. He is so lovable and goofy, which makes him adorable. He's a genuinely nice guy, which makes him so easy to root for throughout the show. He is hilarious and witty, and I only aspire to have comebacks as solid as his.