What Is Love?

What Is Love?

Love is different to everyone.

8
What Is Love?
Levi Reece

Love.

What is love? Love is different to everyone. This is why there are so many romance languages.

Love matures as we do. I mean, think about it.. My nine-year-old sister is not going to view love the same way Christian Grey (a successful fictional character who uses women to fill an empty void in his heart) does. I know that's an extreme, but it's true.

Love can be defined by the trials you've gone through, where it has been shown to you in a variety of ways. You are shown love through your parents, siblings, friends, significant others, and many more throughout your life. If you think about the love you've received, or even given to others, how has your idea of love evolved?

It's crazy for me to look back on my own life, and see how many "stages" of changing love I've gone through.

Kisses from parents.

Holding hands with friends while walking through the parking lot.

Hugging friends when you see them.

Hugging your first crush.

Your first kiss.

Your first heart break.

The hugs and love from friends/ family throughout that pain.

Your newfound understanding of love.

Finding others who accept you whole-heartedly when you give them love.

Accepting other's flaws as your own because of the love you share.

Finding love is not hard. Finding the people who will accept you, and love you in the ways you cherish most, is the hard part.

Have you ever come across that one person? That one person who changed everything. Who made you stronger. They made you believe in yourself again. That person that wasn't your lifeline, but they were somebody who you never saw yourself without.

The one that you'd do anything for and vice versa.

They'd have your back no matter what because they were part of your support system (you know... other than your mom), and they wanted you just as much as you wanted them.. They welcomed you into their life with a huge smile and the intentions of never letting you go.

You thought of somebody while reading this, right?

Now, whether that person is still in your life, or if they have moved on, you know the feeling.

That wonderful butterfly, tingling feeling that keeps you up all night. Up with all the thoughts of the things that person -- your person -- has to offer.

Their thoughts. Eyes. Lips. Likes. Dislikes. Confidence. Or lack of. Your contribution to their life. Your future with them. Their brain, and what goes on in it. Their actions -- what do those mean? How far they've come. How far they'll go.

This person keeps you up every night without even knowing it... Yet you know you're doing the same to them. You're perfect for each other.
Time and space, maybe even fate led you two together. Whether you're coworkers, family, best friends, lovers, soul mates, or class mates, you're together, working through life with each other for a reason.

Now back to that person you're thinking of. Love them. As hard as you can. For as long as you can. Because for me, personally, I'm never going to lose this person (or people). They mean too much to me to let them walk away, but sometimes, you can't control when that happens.

So let's all do ourselves a favor and love this person so hard that they're terrified. Because then they'll know how true we are.

You need these people in your life. They are your biggest fans, and you shouldn't lose them. Surround yourself with the love you deserve want. Too often, we settle for the love we think we deserve, when reality is that we deserve better than what we've talked ourselves into settling with.

Actively search for that love, and let it pour from your bones.

"It's a total lie to say there's only one special person you're going to be with for the rest of your life. If you're lucky, and you try really hard, there will always be more than one."
-"Naomi and Ely's No Kiss List"

Are you ready to love your person today?