5 Ways To Decorate Your Dorm For The Holidays

5 Ways to Decorate Your Dorm for the Holidays

Deck the (dorm) halls with boughs of holly!

33

The holidays are a stressful time for students in college. Here are some easy and festive ways to boost your holiday cheer!

1. Lights 

Although, this one may take some time hanging lights in your dorm room is definitely worth it. This will make you feel festive and cheerful each time you walk in the room. The lights are cheap and stand out! plus putting the lights up will give you a break from studying for finals. In case you do not want to purchase or hang string Christmas lights in your room, you can actually purchase red or green colored light bulbs to screw into light fixtures.

2. A Tree 

The only amount of effort this decoration takes is buying the tree. Otherwise, all you have to do is set it up and be content with your minimal effort but effective festive decoration. Plus, the mini trees barely take up any space and is cost effective. (I've seen them at the dollar store before)

3. Ornaments 

There are many ways to use ornaments as decorations in the dorm room. For example, if you decide to get a mini Christmas tree you can hang the ornaments on there. Another way to use these in your dorm is hanging them from the ceiling, doorways, or windows with command strips. Also, if you are on a budget this is a perfect decoration because packages of ornaments and command strips are relatively cheap. In addition, if you are scared of purchasing glass ornaments, there are so many alternatives (you can even make your own with supplies around the dorm like paperclips, notecards, coffee stirs, etc.)

4. Window Clings and Dry Erase Messages 

This decoration is probably the easiest of them all. If you have lipstick, dry erase markers, or window clings you can do this. For example, you can write Christmas messages on your bathroom tiles, mirrors, or windows. These options are all fairly inexpensive and will still look festive. The dry erase markers and window clings are easy removals but the lipstick requires makeup remover.

5. Garland 

Garland cords and wreaths are a great way to spice up the dorm room. You can hang the wreaths on your doors or simply set them on a shelf or desk for decoration. The Cords can be hung around the room with command strips and placed around doorways and windowsills. Although Garland can sometimes be expensive, it will look great in the dorm for Christmas.