Making Decisions in Life

Every Decision Made Is Another Road Traveled

Will it alter your life?

202

Are you ever on a drive and think to yourself about everything there is in the world and where you stand? What impact do you have on people? Will you still be thinking about the same people that are crossing your mind now or in 10 years?

Does your identity separate you from others? Hypothetically speaking, the term "soul mates "has always been something that stood out to me. Ever since I was a little girl, I've dreamed of having a big fancy wedding, two kids, and of course, to live in a castle. Every day of my life and with every decision I make, I often think: What will happen now?

Everything we do affects our future. What I mean by this is, with each decision I make, I consider all of the outcomes that they can bring to my life within our immense world.

Just the other day I was sitting in my friend's dorm talking about how and where we end up in life is all based on each and every decision we make. Decisions as simple as whether or not we go to class, if we go out on a Monday night, or even what we choose to wear all alter who we interact with and the attention we obtain.

Even more fancied, changing a major, where we choose to go for graduate school, if we choose to go on and go to graduate school etc., it all plays a role on how successful we will end up. I often question myself and think "Do I enjoy my major and do I see myself being successful in this field?"

A lot of people say I don't need any of this figured out as I'm still young and learning, but I feel like everything I do alters a different aspect of how I will turn out. With the decisions I make, I often spend hours dwelling upon them hoping it will result in a positive outcome.

Will I be happy with my future if I do this? is a constant thought that runs through my head, but to be honest, no one knows what tasks will be worthy or merciless. At the end of the day, it's all about how fate plays things out. Yes, I said fate. Everything that happens does happen for a reason. You can't control the actions and reactions of others no matter how hard you try, all you can do is be the best version of yourself that you can be. In life people come and go, just like flies. Everyone you meet has some impact on your life and if someone chooses to leave, dwelling on it forever won't do anything. It wasn't meant to be.

Basically, where I'm going with this is we have to live for ourselves and our happiness. No more waiting for a Snapchat to see if you're going to hang out with your crush, no more sitting around and waiting on people, make other plans and get what you need to do done. Live for yourself, but not by yourself. There will always be untraveled roads in life, but maybe those are roads that we weren't meant to take.