I Decided To Stay In College And It's Working Out

I was on the phone with my grandma the other night, and she said " Keep going just like a farmer plants their crops you have to water it and take care of it and most importantly give it time to grow" I said all of this to say that it's a process just like a farmer waiting to reap the benefits of his crops; we are waiting for all of our hard work to pay off and get that degree. So keep going.

There are many reasons why I decided to stay and college. One reason is I understand how hard the people before me worked to grant me the opportunity to be here at Mississippi State. My grandma could only go to school when it rained because they couldn't pick cotton on those days, so hearing that motivates me to keep going. Another reason is I worked in a factory one summer just trying something different, and it was so hot and tiring. I quickly found out that working in a factory was definitely not for me. I am not saying working in a factory is bad or worth less than a degree because by no means is that the truth. There are just different strokes for different folks. My third reason I stayed in college is because my other grandmother died of cancer. A cancer that could've been prevented; it was due to lifestyle choices. I want to one day be able to help others that have preventable cancers or other health diseases due to obesity; me staying in college and getting my degree will help me achieve that goal.

With all that being said continue to find your "why". Knowing your purpose and what you are going to do achieve it will help you remain motivated and rooted in life. Remember its a long process, but its it'll all be worth it in the end.