This is what 10 years of photography looks like

From 13 til 23 years old.

9
David Kirchner

I picked up a point and shoot when I was about 13 years old, just shooting around my neighborhood, taking photos of friends, and even doing concert photos. My first couple photos when I first started out, I'm going to admit, completely suck. But you're supposed to suck at first. This is my work from day one in 2009 until now.

2009 - West Virginia

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

2010David Kirchner

David Kirchner

Self Portrait - 2010David Kirchner

2011 became the year I started doing portraits due to some friends asking me to take some for them. I was 16 then,

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

2012 was a strange year for me. Senior year of high school, parents splitting up, and overall being an angry 17- to 18-year-old. Needless to say I didn't pick up a camera much. However, I did pick it up when I went to a school field trip to a place I fell in love with that year. New York City.

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

Then for the next three years I wouldn't be picking up a camera at all. It wasn't until 2016 I decided to buy a Canon T2i camera and a 50 mm 1.8 lens to try to pick it back up again. I went back to New York City not too long after getting my camera and I found all kinds of new inspiration.

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

Then 2017 came around and I fell in love with photography again. But it was still a hobby to me at this point in time. However, it wasn't until I went to London, Paris, and Amsterdam and downloaded Adobe Lightroom that the game was completely changed for me.

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

Then after coming back to America, I went back to New York City.

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

Then after I started going to Towson University, I decided I wanted to take on photography to make it part of my career. I decided to take my camera everywhere I go. I started watching more photography tutorials and applied to my own work.

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

Then things started paying off. My Instagram started getting some attention, I started working some brands like Spin and BANGS Shoes and one of my photos was recongized by one of my favorite YouTubers, TribeTyler.

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

Go to 5:21 to hear Tyler talk about my photo. Yes, I fanboyed hard.

Then I decided I sucked at portraits so I decided to do nothing but portraits.

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

David Kirchner

And this leads to today. Wow, it's weird looking at my work from almost 10 years ago to now. I definitely have grown as an artist and photographer but I still have a lot of work to do and improve. I guess I have to put in some message or moral advice. Umm...just keep taking photos? Yeah, do that.