Dear Dad,

Dear Dad,

Miss you

2524
Dear Dad,

I've been feeling lost lately so I figured that I would take the time to write you a letter. We never really got the chance to have the opportunity to speak just the two of us so it's probably well over due that I take the time to talk to you.

November 20th 2021 now quickly approaching you would be sixty one years old! 61! Moms heading toward her 60th this August and I am twenty three years old! 23! Your princess made it this far dad. If Mike were here he would be 33 years old… a dream in my mind.

I miss you all everyday, you, Mike, Grandma, Grandpa, Nana, Puppa, Uncle Wayne, Keith, and Aunty Marilyn. I think about you all in a kind of counter clockwise rotation, it's like unintentionally everything I do and everywhere I go I am constantly reminded of the wonderful people that I have had the opportunity to know and a little part of me hopes that in some strange way this is all of you quietly reaching out to me trying to show me signs that I will be okay while I'm here on earth and you all are, well…somewhere else.

Life is mean, unfair, and quite honestly cruel at times. I have certainly bared my fair share of disappointment in losing so many people I loved... I have always grinned and bared it. Always.

But then I remind myself that my resilience isn't just from sheer strength or fortitude it's also because I was just a child.

If you asked me to describe what it feels like to have lost you dad I would say to you; imagine that I am a puzzle with a large piece missing, I never had this piece to begin with and my puzzle will never, be complete. Not only that but I also have all the other pieces completely disorganized and without your large piece I can't reorganize the others… because I am a child and I do not know better, yet.

That sums it up entirely, the pit in my stomach, the emptiness when I see happy fathers and brothers and know the men who meant so much to me are now a product of what is my past and in order to truly move forward I must leave you there, move forward and only take some time to look back and reminisce.

Thats a hard part for me to come to terms with and I still live in my denial to this day because I've yet to accept that I have to let you go.

The confusion, the betrayal… how could you have let yourself be put in a position to leave me when you were supposed to be the people who protect me? The strong men in my life, gone.

It's truly something I will wake up and choke down day after day… but it's not all bad. There are some days I wake up and I jump from my bed with enthusiasm and it's like I feel myself being pushed to do what's best for me because I know if you could speak to me and if you are seeing me you would be telling me that I need to keep going.

And so I do. The little bit of hope I have in you being with me somehow someway is just about the only reason I can keep on and not give up. You may be gone. But I haven't let you go yet. I know I should and some day soon I will. Its just that I am still growing up and I need you,

There are so many memories I wanted to share with you and so many to come that I wish you could be here for, special people I've met in my life I so wish you could have met. You would be so proud of the type of love I have, and I share. I know it.

And so I've decided I will take my time with learning how to live without you here.

Because letting go and being strong isn't a one time decision. It's something you have choose to do every day, over and over again and I'm learning. I'm learning to let go. But just not yet. Soon I'll be ready.

Soon I'll grow up.❤️

From Your Site Articles