Dear Young College Student

Dear Young College Student

College is not a race. It's a journey and an accomplishment that you finish at your own pace.

58
Dear Young College Student
Journey Down The Scale

College. That one word can have anyone cringe at the sight of it. We first hear about it in middle school, and are told that it's a big scary place that takes no prisoners. Then we get to high school and every move we make, test we take, and thought we have is reported to any college we apply to. Even though we are still learning and growing, our future depends on us from a young age. College is what sets the path to our future. It helps us gain more knowledge so that we will be able to do more in life.

A young adults life is stressful enough focusing on school. Then on top of that you have work, a social life to maintain, and of course getting a good nights rest.

Here are some things for people to remember while in college:

Always breathe.

The work load will feel unbearable, but if you stay focused you will be able to handle it.

Sleep is important.

We all have those night where we cram for a test, or stay up typing a five page paper in one night. You need to stop. Organize assignments better and get those eight hours of sleep at night, especially if you have a class the next morning.

It's not the end of the world.

Yes, you may have failed that test but there will be others. There will be more opportunities for you to raise your grade. Do not be afraid to ask your professor for extra help. They don't want to see you fail, and will do what they can to help you.

Keep your social life.

Friends are what help us get by. You'll need those days that are dedicate to going out and having fun. If you focus on school and work all the time, it will burn you out.

And lastly, take your time. Do not feel the need to take on double the work load in one semester to finish early. College is not a race. It's a journey and an accomplishment that you finish at your own pace.