Dear You, Who Saw Past Everything

Dear You, Who Saw Past Everything

An open letter to the person who saw past everything and continued to love.

9
Dear You, Who Saw Past Everything

Dear You,

You are an incredibly special person, did you know that? I mean that you saw past everything that some couldn't see past. You saw what was behind the walls, what I was constantly hiding from you. I lied to you when I was okay and when I was upset because I was too afraid that if you saw the truth, you would leave like the others did. But when I finally allowed you to break down the walls, brick by brick, you didn't stop. You accepted each piece of me as you went. You respected me when I lied to you about how I was because you knew that sooner or later I would tell you the truth. You trusted me to tell you everything.

I have difficulty trusting people and this may come from past events that I haven't been able to let go of, or from my own fears caused by what I read and see in the media everyday. But for some reason, out of everyone, I decided to trust you with all my tiny secrets. I told you what made me happy and what make me sad. I told you what it was like living every day in my head and even then you didn't run.

You stayed.

And because you stayed, I finally let myself fall. I fell so deeply in love with you that you don't even understand what it's like. Every day I continue to fall deeper and deeper in love with you. You stayed even though some people may have thought you were crazy. You still stand with me and support every crazy idea I have just like I support all of your dreams.

I write in a journal every night (one day I will let you read it) and every night, I write about everything that has happened that day. Every time I write, I always mention you and how much I love you and how much I treasure you being in my life. I always start it by saying "I love you" and then I continue to describe the good things that happened with us that day.

I want you to know that I love you and even though this letter may make me sound crazy, I want you to know I appreciate everything you have done for me and for believing in me. I never thought that anyone out of my family could support me as much as my family does. But, magically, you do. You believe that I could, and will be, the best one day. And I will never forget how you told me that one day you saw me and were overcome with love for me. I told you how when you hold me, I wish to myself that you would never let me go. That we could just live like this, embraced in each other's arms.

You are an incredible person. A person full of love and kindness and thoughtfulness. A person I never want to let go because you saw past everything.

You saw past everything and stayed.

You saw past everything and continue to love me.

I love you.

Sincerely,

Me