dear strong friends
Friendships

Dear Strong Friends, this one is for you

Sometimes the strong friend needs someone to be there for them too.

129

This is for the "strong friend." Every friend is a strong friend but this is for the friends that sometimes feel like they can not be themselves sometimes. This is for the friends that are so busy checking on everyone else they forget to check on themselves. This is for the ones that wipe their tears away so others will not see them.

The friends that feel weak. A strong friend is supposed to be the comforting one. You are the friend that your buddies can go to at 2 a.m. for advice. Does anyone ever question why you are awake at that hour? It could be the same reason as them.

Being the strong friend feels like you can never let your guard down, you always have to be ready. Being the strong friend makes you feel like you have no one to talk to in your time of need because you do not want your friends to see you in that light. Strong Friends, it is okay to be sad. It is okay to show emotion. No one is strong all of the time and you do not have to be. Break down and cry if you need to. Scream at the top of your lungs if you feel it is necessary.

Do not hide your emotions for the sake of a title. Let someone else be the strong friend for a change. Let your guard down, no one will judge you. Do not get so busy holding others lives together that you let your own life fall apart. Get things off of your chest and see how much better that makes you feel. Make your entire friend group "the strong friend".

Let all of you balance each other out, all of you be there for each other at 2 a.m. when things get rough. No one person should have to be the strong friend, you should all be strong together.