Dear Stressed Out 20-Something, Yes, Your Life Sucks Right Now

But It will be OK.

37

So I woke up this morning stressed out, grumpy, and just all around high in the blood pressure department. I was worried about this week.

I have a lot to do, working three jobs, my article was already late and I knew I had to submit today. I was going to write one that was going to take some research and I knew it would take me forever. I've been super busy these last couple of weeks, not to mention dealing with personal issues. My hair is dull and my face is broke out and I'm eternally tired. Apparently you can't live off of margaritas and coffee. Weird.

All this got me thinking of where I was last year at this time. I had just left college. I was moving into a new house and a new area. My boyfriend had just broke up with me and I hardly knew anyone around here. I was a mess and I was thinking that I wouldn't make it. But here I am, with a completely furnished house, and the best friend group anyone could ask for.

So Dear Stressed 20 Something:

YOU WILL MAKE IT THROUGH.

These first couple weeks of May are hell for people our age. You're either cramming for finals, moving home from college, starting your internship, or graduating and starting something completely new and different. It's stressful, it's hard. Life is moving at 110 miles per hour and you just can't seem to keep up. You're probably pulling your hair out and doing an unnecessary amount of crying.

So I want you to do exactly what I did, think of the last time you were this stressed or close to it. Got it? Now, I want you to realize that you are here now. You made it through that and this too shall pass. Worst case scenario, you fail that final, or lose your new job, or go through a fight with your friend, but it another year that won't matter. You'll have made it through that and the repercussions.

Moral of the story: It fucking sucks right now. Do what you gotta do to get through, whether it be to say a prayer or drown your sorrows, you do you. But, never forget that life goes on and this will be over before you know it.

So there is a light at the end of the tunnel, however small it seems, it will always be there.