An Open Letter to my Big Sister

An Open Letter to my Big Sister

I smile because your my sister,I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.

15
An Open Letter to my  Big Sister
Cassi Burgin

Dear Seester,

First off please don't cry but since I know you probably will anyways, maybe grab some tissues. I would hate to make you cry at work again.

I know I say it quite bit but I really want you to know just how much I mean it when I say, "this little sister has the best big sister." For the last 25 years, you have been the best big sister anyone could ask for and I love you even if you did bounce my head off my night stand when I was Seven, you do realize you will never live that down. While you will never live that down I will always live with dropping your cat so I guess we are even. I'm convinced that Inky would have turned out the same way he did had he been dropped or not, but I'm not so sure anyone else agrees with me.

Thank you for not getting mad at me when I decided to join the swim team just because you did it. Swimming ended up becoming my sport for all of high school after that because I fell in love with it. It's awesome to see your life with the sport come full circle. You have gone from Athlete to Instructor, Coach and Assistant Aquatics Director. I am so proud of everything you have accomplished and can't wait to see where the future takes you, you have found your calling.

It's not easy having you so far away, I thought Potsdam was bad but trust me Denver is worse. I miss the days of having you sleep right in the next room. When our biggest worry was who's barbie house was cooler and you had to have your own seat in the van. Nowadays we worry about adult things like paying bills, having a running car and remembering to buy cat food.

I'm sorry if I ever made life difficult, I know I could sometimes be a major pest. What little sister wasn't a pest at some point or another? Even if I was, you never ignored me and always made sure I felt included.

The important thing though is that we always make time for each other. Aside from the time difference getting in the way sometimes we talk almost every day. They say that 'distance makes the hear grow fonder' and our relationship is the true testament to those words. We've always been close but not having you in the next bedroom has made me love you even more.

Thanks for all of the memories over the last 25 years, I wouldn't want to share them with anyone else. You have taught me many life lessons and been one of the best support systems. I'm going to toot my own horn here for a second and say that you have the best little sister in the world. I love you too "Infinity and Beyond" to quote Buzz Lightyear.

Love,

Seester