Dear Old Friend

Dear darling, this is Good bye. The fighting is over with no explanation. You have already said your goodbyes but this is mine. I'd like to start by saying my thanks for our friendship. Thank you for trying to be there for me for hard times. Thank you for the adventures, our perfect McDonald's meal, photo shoots, drives and every happy memory that came with. The nickname darling will always be yours. I will cherish these memories for the rest of my life. Nothing seemed to matter as long as we were doing it together because it meant we would make fun of the situation or make our own fun out of it. Thank you for being the closest thing I've gotten to a sister.

The things you taught me. You taught me that mental strength is more impressive than any kind of physical strength. Every thing that put you down you found a way to get back up and keep going. You taught me that being there for you family is more important than anything else. And working hard always pays off in the end. You taught me that competing for boys is the worst things friends can do to each other. Actually just any unhealthy competition between friends is the worst.

What you didn't teach me was how to close myself off and to make myself small so that you could feel big. I learned how to work through everything on my own. I learned that when things get really hard you walk away from it. I had to learn how to realize that you no longer wanted me, that I was no longer good enough to be in your life. You gave no reason, no explanation. I know you used to care I'm just not sure when it stopped but it did. You said we would be civil when we ran into each other but I never realized that it would mean complete silence. I never realized that you could so easily get rid of someone. You held on to all you ex-boyfriends but you let me go easily. Someone once told me that no one will ever replace the people that once were in your life. I will never be able to forgive you for the pain that you have caused me and yet I still wish you the best. Goodbye darling.