Dear My Struggling Self

To My Struggling Self

Because we all need a pick-me-up.

173

Dear My Struggling Self,

So, you've found yourself at the college of your dreams, studying the major you always wanted to have, and you have a community that loves you for who you are.

You have the best life you could ever have, there's no reason you should feel scared and confused.

You try your best in school, at work, or just doing whatever you're doing. The habit of putting one hundred and ten percent is something you don't easily give up. Striving to perfection, though it can get you frustrated when not everything is exactly how you want it, will get you far in life.

There's no need to worry too much about your future. As someone important always tells you, "you just need to take it day by day." Yes, I know you worry about everything that's going on, whether it's something that took place years ago or something that might take place ten years from now; all you need to do is take a step back and relax. Worrying about the little things too much will definitely drive you crazy if you haven't already figured that out.

It's okay to feel like you don't have control of things sometimes because there are things that you possibly cannot control. Always being in control can drive someone mad, I'm sure of it. Letting life take its course for some stuff is what you should do before you start overthinking everything, which unfortunately is a talent of yours.

Stop overthinking about how you look. Yes, you might be struggling with your body image and self-confidence, but you need to understand that looks are not everything. Besides, you truly are beautiful both inside and out, anyone that you know will tell you that honestly. No, you won't look like the Victoria Secret models or the Instagram models, but that's because they're photoshopped in the end anyway. Why would you want to look like someone who doesn't even exist?

You shouldn't be having doubts about yourself either. You are going to make it through school on time, you are going to get the job of your dreams and live somewhere that you will love for the rest of your life. You are going to be so happy, but that's only if you learn that you are the best you can be and be thankful for what you have and what you've been able to do so far.

Whatever kind of struggles you're going through right now, you are able to overcome them. You are a strong young woman who can conquer anything that comes her way. Yes, there will be things that come along that are harder than others, some of which may leave you feeling broken or crying, but nothing makes you better than standing up after you've been knocked down, no matter how many times it happens.

You need to love yourself for all of the amazing things you can do, physical or mental. You've been able to achieve things you never thought you could do, and there will be so many more things to achieve as you grow more and more. Honey, be proud of yourself. You are caring and looking out for others, always wanting to do the right thing. It's okay to struggle, you have a whole life waiting ahead of you.

Love, Me