To My New, Little Nephew

To My New, Little Nephew

"Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart" - Winnie the Pooh

70
To My New, Little Nephew
Deanna Jacopino

My dear nephew,

When I found out that I was going to be an aunt for the first time, my heart immediately filled with joy. Literally, filled with joy because when I heard the big news I screamed my head off and hugged your mommy and daddy. From the moment I knew I was going to be an aunt I knew my life would change forever, but in all good ways. I was 18 when you were born and even though you are still just an infant, I know I am going to love being the young aunt. Here are some things I want you to remember:

When mom and dad tell you no, I get to say yes.

I mean, you’re so freaking cute why wouldn’t I want to spoil you?! Just know that when mom or dad says no that you come to your aunt because well… you’re so cute I won’t be able to say no…

I get to love you the longest.

Usually, when people hear that I am an aunt at 18 they think that is SUPER young. And I get that because most of the times people become aunts or uncles in their twenties or above but I don’t think it’s a bad thing. Because that just means more time for us to make memories and for me to love you.

You’ll always be comfortable telling me things.

Considering that I am always going to be the ‘young’ aunt when you become a teenager and do stupid things you’ll probably be most comfortable coming and talking to me about it, probably because I'll still be making stupid decisions then, too. (Well, lets hope not.) But, please don’t grow up too fast.

You’ll be there for all my major life events.

You’ll be there when I graduate college, when I get my Masters, when I get married, and when I have children. Those are basically all the major events I can think of now but the best part is you will even be there for all the small ones too.

You’re basically mine, except you're not.

Considering I’m only 18 and nowhere near ready for a child, but I get to take you out and show you off considering we resemble each other and let people tell me how cute you are. I also get to love you unconditionally and get the same in return from you. But don’t get me wrong the second you have a dirty diaper right back to mom and dad you go…

Always remember that no matter what, your aunt is here for you through everything. Just like you’ll be there with me through everything. You already have brought so much joy to our families and I couldn’t thank you enough for doing that. You really are a perfect bundle of joy and we are so grateful to have you!

Love always,

Aunt Deanna