Dear My Loving Body
Wellbeing

Dear My Loving Body

A thank you and apology to the body I was given.

241
Dear My Loving Body
https://unsplash.com/photos/Etb6y52feSY

Dear my loving body,

I am sorry I didn't love you as I should of growing up, that I starved you and cut your skin. It seems like a lot of other women, I didn't know how strong you were being for me. Even when I made you sick all those years you still woke me up in the morning, legs carried me through my day even when I'd be so malnourished you nearly collapsed on a daily. Thank you for being the strength I needed even when I didn't have the mental strength to keep going but you did.

Melissa Garcia

My body. Oh god, she persevered after so many years of binging and purging and starvation, she brought me to where I am today. I am still struggling to love her, perhaps I always will. I try to think of how my large thighs can be a comfy seat for a child rather than be a nuisance when they jiggle or flatten out to what seems to be an entire continent. I am learning to love the stretch marks on my bum and legs because they signify how much I've healed from my eating disorder. They signify not only physical growth but mental and emotional growth too.

I spent so many years trying to make this body perfect but in the end, she always was. She always gave me strength and kept me going even when I didn't want to. This body gives me the ability to laugh and love in a way I couldn't when I was torturing her, she is free now and I couldn't think of a better way to thank her than to continue letting her be free from the burdens I placed on her all those years. I know that loving your body is incredibly difficult but seeking to remember all she does for you is important and really can change an outlook. I want to tell her to thank you for all you do for me every day.