Dear Modern Feminists, STOP Demonizing Men...

A letter from a concerned mother of a baby boy..

2730
Stuff Mom Never Told You

Let me start this article off by stating, I am not against feminism.

I am against modern feminism.

This giant temper tantrum mislabeled as a 'fight for women's rights'.

No, this is not another 'Why We Don't Need Feminism' article.. We do need feminism.

Without true feminists like Elizabeth Cady Stanton and Susan B Anthony, we wouldn't be where we are today. (As you can see in their pictures, they weren't running around in giant genitalia costumes screaming things like 'stay out of my uterus!')..

They fought with class; which is a seemingly lost value among modern feminists... Are there cases in the world of women being mistreated compared to their male counterparts? Yes. I'm not here to say there isn't...

I am h ere to say that there are also cases everywhere of men being mistreated compared to their female counterparts..

And coming from the mother of a baby boy;

STOP demonizing all men. (Beware, the following link includes the video where a modern feminist calls for the killing of all male babies/men...)

My son doesn't deserve to be demonized for being a male. He isn't even old enough to speak! The day I found out I was having a boy I had made a promise to myself that I would raise a respectable young man. A true gentleman. Who would treat EVERYONE with respect. Not just women. Men and women of all races, sexuality, religion, etc.

But modern feminists don't care if my son grows up to be a gentleman, they just care that he's a man and for being a man they think he is below them. And they're teaching young women that it will be acceptable to treat him that way in school, work, etc.

This is being written on behalf of a mother who is genuinely scared for the future of society. Even though his generation is projected to by the most conservative in years... I'm still scared for the kinds of behavior becoming more and more acceptable by modern feminists hosting 'Women's Marches' (for what?) and random protests.

What will my son see out on the streets when he's old enough to start asking questions? Just the other day when I left school, right across the street was about a 20 person protest that consisted of a handful of women wearing their pink genitalia hats. One of the women was running along the side walk in a ripped up plaid t-shirt that read, 'Pussy Power'. (Don't worry, she was screaming it, too.)

What am I going to say when my son asks me; "Mom, what's pussy power?"

A two, three, ten, twelve, fourteen year old shouldn't have to grow accustomed to seeing woman both old and young parading around the streets dawning vagina costumes and wearing shirts that say 'Pussy Power'.

If the only thing that empowers you is your pussy? I feel sorry for you. You are so much more than your female reproductive parts. Your female reproductive parts aren't what bring you 'power'.

What brings you power? Is how you treat other women. Women like me, who may not agree with your modern take on feminism. Republican, pro-life women. Believe me, I've been on the receiving end of some nasty comments solely for my religious and political beliefs.. Along with the fact that I don't associate with modern feminism.

What brings you power? Is how you treat MEN. These young men, my baby boy, they are learning what's acceptable behavior not only by me and mothers everywhere; but by what you make acceptable as a society.

As of now? You are making it acceptable for men to see you only for your 'pussy'.

Not for your heart, not for your soul, not for your mind..

For your pussy. By dawning your pink hat, by screaming 'stay out of my uterus' you are teaching my son that it's okay to see women as only their female reproductive parts. Why wouldn't he? That's all you guys seem to see in yourselves!

Keep up your fight, do whatever it is that helps you sleep at night. But please do it without teaching young women that it's okay to talk down to or disrespect young men. Do it without teaching young women that it's okay to make videos/tweets/posts calling for the killing of all men, no matter their age...

Please find your inner Elizabeth Cady Stanton and fight your fight without your disgusting genitalia costumes.

Stop teaching young men everywhere that the only thing to a woman is her vagina.

And for the love of God, stop teaching young women to only value their vaginas.

Can we make a promise to one another to stop fighting to put 'women above men' or 'men above women' but go back to the fight of being EQUAL?!

We all matter and we are all so much more than our reproductive organs. While men and women have their obvious differences, we are equal in the sense that we're all playing for the same team..

We're all trying to raise respectable individuals that will treat everyone no matter their gender, race, sexuality or religion with RESPECT.

That includes you, modern feminists.

Treat men with the respect that you want them to treat you with. You are not entitled to any special treatment because of your gender;

Just like my son isn't entitled to your mistreatment because of his.