To The Little Sister Who Brings Out The Best In Me

If you didn't know how much I love you already...

359
Lexi McCarthy

Dear Little Sis,

There isn't anything that I could ask for that would be better than having you as a little sister. I am not even sure if you're aware of how much you mean to me. And although that may be hard to put into words, here are just some of the things that I love most about you.

1. We are alike in so many ways

I can always count on you to share your clothes and shoes and makeup and, well, everything with me. (Our taste in those things is my favorite similarity that we share). I can always count on you to stand up for me. I can always count on you if I want someone to grab food with. And I can always count on you to cry with me over the newest episode of "Grey's Anatomy," so we clearly are alike in all of the best ways.

2. You're crazy and weird brings out my crazy and weird

You are so fun. And you are constantly reminding me that we can be silly together.

3. You are always supporting me

Whether it has been watching my cheer competitions or temporarily disliking a person who has upset me, you have always been supportive. You are my little cheerleader/secret keeper/constant encouragement. I love being able to come to you with anything, and I hope you never forget that you can always do the same.

4. You're my favorite person to have to drive around

No one else would have been OK with how long I let Taylor Swift's new album replay without wanting to listen to something else. But you were right there with me singing "This Is Why We Can't Have Nice Things" and all our other favorites (the whole album, basically). And if not Taylor Swift, you are always willing to jam with me during a car ride.

5. You have taught me what it means to feel protective

The way you see me matters to me. I won't lie to you about who I am or hide things from you. I just hope that I am being a good enough role model for you to follow. It is so important to me that you are always happy and never hurt. And I will kick the butts of anyone (especially boys!!!) who tries to hurt you. If it weren't for you, I wouldn't know what it really means to want to take care of someone no matter what.

You have one of the biggest places in my heart. I love you.

Love,

Your Big Sis