Dear Little Me

Dear Little Me

A letter to my five year old self

337
Dear Little Me
https://www.oscarhoang.com/practice-effectively/

Dear Little Me,

Hey, little one it's your older self just letting you know how life is going for us now.

Let's start with the one thing I know you are thinking of. The monster you would hide from under your Barney blanket. Is he gone? Yes, he is, and he was sent to monster jail. He can't hurt you or anyone else ever again. Yes, you still think of all the scars, bumps, and bruises, but just know you won't need to hide them for much longer they will go away. All that will be left is the memories. No, they don't go away, but they do help you become the strong confident girl that you are growing into.

Now the boys. I know what you are thinking, "EWWW!!! Boys are gross and they have cooties." Trust me the older you get the more interested you become. Your first "boyfriend" you get, you will end up throwing a marshmallow that is on fire in his face not on purpose but because it scares the heck out of you. The second one you will get your older brother Julius will beat up because he stabbed you in the leg with a pencil on the school bus. Now you will have other boyfriends but they won't last because none of them are yours forever. Don't worry though, Mr. Right will come eventually when the time is right.

All those friends you have will come and go over the years and that will be ok it isn't the end of the world no matter how much you think it is. You will, however, have 4 best friends who will stay by your side no matter what. You won't talk every day but when you do talk it will be like you have talked non-stop every day since you met.

Lastly Family. You know that deadbeat that you thought was your dad? Yeah, he celebrates your 19th birthday and graduation with his other family, but not with you. There is, however, this guy named Tom he steps up and shows you how a father is meant to be. He is also adopting you and your brothers.

Anyways that's all I have for now.

P.s In 17 or 18 days, you will be 21!

Love Yourself,