Dear Ladies, We Need To Stop Settling

Dear Ladies, We Need To Stop Settling

There is no passion to be found in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living

26
Moey Hoquw

To My Fellow Ladies,

In today’s society, it can be hard to not fall into the criteria of settling. Everyone is held up by such high standards by other people, we forget to think about our own standards. Our own self-worth in the world. We have to start looking at ourselves and telling ourselves it is completely okay to not like everything. And that it is more than okay to choose a different path than what others around you may be choosing. In order to find happiness in this world, we have to start with being okay with who we are as an individual, and not settle for anything less than what we actually want or deserve.

Never settle for anyone or anything, no matter the circumstances.

Don’t settle for a job you don’t like. It’s your life. If sitting in a cubicle, at a desk, with a computer screen isn’t where you want to be, you have the right to leave. You have the right to better you mental state of mind. You have the right to better yourself and where you want to be in life. If you’re not growing as an individual at a certain place of employment, leave, and go find the place that suits your needs, and will expand your mind. There’s only one person keeping you there, and that’s yourself.

Not for the boy who gives you immediate attention. I get it, he is giving you all his attention at the moment, and is flashing you that cute, crooked smile. It’s hard to not think maybe he’s the one. Well flash him a smile back, and let him know your interests lie in finding someone who will actually be there for you at the end. Someone who will take care of you, and give you the whole world at the same time. Let him prove himself to you. Don’t settle just because he has that sparkle in his eyes. Find out who he is, and what he stands for. If that means he doesn’t want the same things in life as you, do the bravest thing you could do. That is leaving without looking behind you.

Not for the friends who are your “friends” when it’s convenient for them. Friends are the ones you turn to when you need a backbone. They’re your family. Friends are the ones who will stand by you in all the choices you make in life. They don’t make you feel less than, and they certainly don’t let you make poor decisions without you thinking about it first. They are there for you just as much as you are for them. If you have people in your life who aren’t giving you the same level of support you deserve, then you know what has to be done. You move on. Finding real friends in this world can be tough. Finding the friends who will motivate you to be the best that you can be, is tough. But it’s when you find those people, you realize why it was so hard. Find those loyal friends, and hang onto them, because I promise, they’re looking for someone just as great as you are.

Don’t ever settle for anything less.

Always remind yourself that you are strong, strong-minded, exquisite, and sympathetic. So please, remind yourself of that. Remind yourself of everything you have to offer in this world and more.

Don’t settle for the people who only try and bring you down. Who try to get ahead of you in life, without motivating you.

Remind yourself to never settle for people who only play mind games.

We deserve all the excitement in this world. Nothing more than bliss, and passion.

When we stop settling, we’ll finally realize how great life can be and how great our self-worth truly is.