An Open Letter To My Niece

An Open Letter To My Niece

I just want you to know how proud of you I am.

1424
An Open Letter To My Niece
Jenna Kushmer

Dear Jessie,

First things first; I miss you like crazy. I miss your loud personality and your toothless grin. I miss your hugs and I miss how you could always make me smile no matter what mood I was in. I can't wait to see you at Thanksgiving. You better be behaving for your parents and you better be nice to Ellie and Craig. Tell your brother and sister I miss them, too. Now I've got a few things I need to tell you.

I just want you to know how proud I am of you. You are so smart and I can't wait to see the things you do with your future. I hope you know how beautiful your mind is and I hope you know how beautiful you are. You are so much like your mom and I know that it drives you both crazy. But promise me while I'm away at school you will try to behave and listen to her. I know that's a lot to ask of a seven year old, but please try. I promise it will make both of your lives easier.

You're the oldest sibling which means you have to look out for Ellie and Craig. Don't let them get into too much trouble. I know that's a lot of responsibility and it's pretty boring too; but they look up to you. You are the person they will look to for help figuring out the world. Here comes the boring part, make sure you are a good role model for them. I know it's not fun being the responsible sibling, but all I'm asking is that you don't push your brother and sister too far away.

You've got a lot of time before you have to grow up so enjoy it while you can. Spend time outside playing with your friends and your siblings. Spend some time with your dad and your mom. Continue to enjoy your childhood and school. I know you love school and I hope you continue to love it. Give your mom a break and quit growing up so fast. Don't let anyone change who you are. I hope that throughout the years you stay the same sweet, happy, hyperactive girl that you are. I know when you're all grown up, you will make every single one of us proud.

Even when you're being a brat, I'm still so insanely proud of you. Even when you are mad at me, I'm still so happy to be your aunt. Even when you get to the point where I won't be Nar Nar anymore, I will always think of you as the tiny baby that I got to hold for the first time at Uncle Kevin's football game. I may be far away but I will always be here whenever you need me. I know you will continue to blow me away with how smart and how fast you are growing up. Remember, take care of your sister and brother, enjoy your childhood, and remember to be proud of yourself. I miss you and I love you Jessie. I'll see you soon.

Love,

Aunt Nar Nar