Dear Internet, Thank You For Giving Me My Best Friend

Thank you for giving me a best friend who I am and will be forever thankful for!
116

The Internet is so useful. I can look up videos of dogs, I can research for a paper I am more than likely going to procrastinate on, and I can online shop for stuff that I don't need. But to me, the Internet is so much more than that because it gave me my best friend.

When going through the college application process, I had my sights set on a small liberal arts school and I was determined to go there. I got into my dream college with a huge scholarship, so now I was extremely determined to be able to attend school there.

After touring the campus about eight times, I knew it was where I wanted to be. I toured the dorms and new I had to live on campus because the dorms were so nice and I could make new experiences with a roommate.

In October, the university released a page of all of the students staying on campus with their contact information. I stalked a ton of potential roomies and eventually messaged some of them. Then, came along Morgan.

I messaged Morgan at 11 PM, not expecting her to reply, but she did. We stayed up until 3 AM talking and the following days we never stopped. We talked about everything: dogs, boys, sports, our hometowns, families, friends, hopes and dreams, and everything in between. I knew I had to room with this girl.

About a month later, we both drove 50 miles to meet each other. We went shopping and went to get food and it felt like we'd known each other for 80 years. In the months coming, we sent each other packages, talked every second of the day, and made plans for our new home in the coming fall.

After months of consideration, I had decided not to go to my dream school anymore, because even after the scholarship I received, the cost was too great to attend. I was worried about telling Morgan that I couldn't attend anymore because I was scared of ruining our friendship, but in reality, we became closer.

So thank you Internet: thank you for giving me a best friend who will be in my life forever, someone who I can text whenever I'm stressed out about anything and I can get encouragement right away, thank you for the eight chins Snapchats, thank you for giving me someone who I don't have to see every day, but once we see each other it's like we've never been separated.

Thank you for giving me a best friend who is going to be a bridesmaid in my wedding, a best friend who I cannot wait to see all of the time over the summer, and a best friend who I am and will be forever thankful for!