Dear High School Senior, Your UWG Journey is Just Beginning

So you want to be apart of the pack...

7
IG: MaggieKooi

You are excited, but you also have so many questions.

Congrats on getting into UWG, go wolves. Here is a short guide to help you navigate all the ups and downs of living in Carrollton. You will want to read it all!

The dorms...

Ok well for me I lived in Center Pointe and I really didn't mind it, it was really nice as it was built in 2012 (it's also right next to the baseball stadium). Tius I heard was not the best to live in since it is older and not as nice. I also had friends that live in arbor view, so that is another nice option.

Oh, Carrollton...

You will explore what C Town has to offer, it is a little small. But you do have access to Cookout, Waffle House, Walmart, Kroger, and Target off of campus. You also have the square downtown... I'll get to that later!

What to eat in Carrollton...

For as small as you'd think Carrollton is, you would be surprised to know that we have lots of great local food places. From American Pie Pizzeria to The Little Donkey Mexican Restaraunt. There are definitely some good food choices to help you satisfy your cravings.

Breakdown the best places to legally drink.

Where to begin.. once you're of age of course. The pub on the square will be your go-to for cheap drinks and dollar drafts. Some other good places are Nama (they have a rooftop), Samba Loca (the Samba Tea is pretty great). Leo's next to Samba is good for drinks too!

The best sporting events/school spirit events to attend in person

Football, football, football. Go to every Home football game that you can to cheer on your wolves. I love our school spirit and you should too! There really isn't a bad sport to support on campus, you will find your go to sporting events.

UWG's various climates (and what clothes you should pack accordingly)

It's Georgia, so you never know what you could get. Make sure to pack most seasons, even your rain gear. We typically don't have snow in the winter, but you also never know. So just pack extra just in case!

UWG has a saying that only people on campus understand

People on tours always tell you to go west... go wolves with that pause in there. It just always has been a thing, so welcome to that tradition! Go west... go wolves

Wish them luck for the next four years!

You are going to have SO much fun. Make it count, and live it all up. Take every moment as it is because it does go by very fast. And by that, I mean super speedy kind of fast.