Dear Heather-Anne

Dear Heather-Anne

We miss you baby girl!

36
Dear Heather-Anne
Hite's

Dear Heather-Anne,

I first want to tell you that I truly miss you. I miss the laughter and good memories that we shared throughout the years of knowing each other.

I want to ask you how's heaven like, but I seem to think it's full of basketballs and soccer balls all ready for you to play with.

When you came into the sixth grade, I didn't know you much. I didn't know who you were until one October day that we started conditioning after volleyball season. You tried out for the basketball team and that year over 60 girls tried out and we had to have 3 cuts. The moment that you came out for basketball, I knew that we would become friends. But, I didn't know that we would've been partners for the entire season of drills and basically getting on coach's nerves of talking and laughing all of the time.

I'm sorry baby girl. I'm sorry that the cruel word that no one likes to hear decided to come into your life. I'm sorry that it decided to take over and it put you in pain. I wish I could've taken all of the pain away from you. I wish I could've yelled at the stupid cancer to just go away. I just wish I could.

There are many days that I miss you, but here lately during basketball season it's a constant reminder of how beautiful you are and how strong you are.

As I was walking into the mall, the first jersey I saw in Love Culture had a 99 on it and I smiled so big, but I wanted to cry at the same time. I went bowling with my boyfriend the other night and both him and I bowled about 30 of 50 9's the other night. I did get three strikes but other than that and a couple of gutter balls, all the rest were 9s. Which made me think of you.

You are my hero. I know that I have about five-ten heroes, but you so happen to be one of them. You fought SO hard. You kicked cancer's butt and even though you're up there with Jesus playing soccer, I know that you fought with all of your heart.

I wish we were walking down hallways talking about which boy was cute and how our shoe strings on our converse were different colors so we'd switch shoe strings before games. I wish I could see your beautiful face one more time and even after 2 years I know you'd be the prettiest gal in Mecklenburg County.

I want you to know that you'll never be forgotten. Looking back at the memories, I know that no one will replace your silliness and laughter and no one will race down hallways with me with ranch bottles like you did with me. During the holiday basketball season, it always hits how much you're missed as I know you'll be the "white girl ballin" in Heaven like you used to say.

2 years later and it doesn't feel the same without you, fly high baby girl. Thank you for letting me pass my #10 to you. We miss you!

#99NeverForgotten

Xoxo,

Everyone who wishes Heaven was not so far away