Dear God, If You're Reading This

Dear God, If You're Reading This

Please be with our world. We need You more than ever.
47

Two weeks ago I had written a controversial article that received much backlash and comments that read "out of all the problems in the world, you chose to write about bikini bottoms." After writing that article, I struggled with the direction I wanted to go down next. How could I come back from an article that received so much hate and ridicule? After thinking long and hard about this next article, I decided I wanted to write about something that truly mattered in today's hateful world.

So God, I hope you're reading this.

Please be with the victims of the Syrian chemical attack carried out by the Assad regime and the Russian Government who played a hand in killing hundreds of innocent people.

God, please guide the United States' government officials to carry out the appropriate responses to these attacks according to Your will and send relief to the friends and family of those who were killed. Please be with the people suffering in the hospital and wondering whether or not they have a family to go back home to. Please give them hope.

Please be with our military personnel who are leaving their family and friends and laying down their lives to protect our country.

God, please be with our soldiers all over the world and keep them safe from harm. Please especially be with our soldiers experiencing uncertainty on the South Korean borders as more and more nuclear air strikes are shot into the air and landing in the Sea of Japan. Please keep them safe and if necessary, guide their thoughts to carry out what is best for our country and our world according to Your will.

Please be with those suffering from diseases including the Nigerians who recently experienced a Meningitis outbreak which killed over 300 people.

God, please be with everyone in our world today who is suffering from sickness and disease. Please grant these individuals will power and strength to fight these deadly diseases. Please guide the medical teams to complete their best work in hopes of treating or curing these individuals. Please be with science and research labs as they work diligently to find the "latest" medications to treat incurable diseases.

Please be with the American farmer, many of which who are struggling to get by due to the drastic fires and detrimental amounts of rains that destroyed family farms and took many farmers' lives.

God, please give these farmers a sense of direction after their livelihoods have been destroyed. Allow them to keep the faith and trust in You, that You will provide for them always. Please keep safe those farmers who are hauling loads of hay down in aid to the remaining livestock as well as the individuals who are traveling down to repair miles of charred fences.

Finally God, please be with our world.

With all of the violence, hate, and sin in our world today, God we need you more than ever. This list presents only a few of the issues in comparison to the pressing topics within our society from famine, poverty, disease, equality, environmental concerns, racism, and the list goes on and on. God, please give your fellow children hope that they too may one day live with You in paradise and that all of these horrific acts will soon pass away. Please guide our thoughts and actions to be positive, loving, and full of kindness, so that we too can make this world a better place to live in. Finally God, please give strength and guidance to your followers so that we are able to spread the good news and great joy that You bring.

Although I still stand by my article 100%, I felt motivated to write my next article about the "bigger picture" in life. No, our society may not agree on the latest fashion choice; however, our time and energy should not be spent arguing about a simple piece of clothing, but instead, should be on the large problems happening in our world today.

Therefore, I urge each and every one of you to do something to make a difference. Whether it's big or small, do something to make an impact on our world. Go on a mission trip, volunteer at your local homeless shelter, hold open the door for a fellow citizen, or even just pray. Talk to God and ask Him to guide you, but most importantly, trust in Him and He will provide.

"You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it."