Dear Gamecocks, We Can Get Through This

Dear Gamecocks, We Can Get Through This

Some Glad Morning...

267
Dear Gamecocks, We Can Get Through This
Personal Photo

By now, we are all aware of the tragedy that struck our small community of Jacksonville, Al. The tornado may have taken away our personal items, but it did not take away our sense of unity and family. This is one of the things that confirmed my choice in attending Jacksonville State University. Although we were not expecting this to happen, you all still came together to open your homes to one another. I am so thankful that we were on spring break during this time because the outcome could have been much worse; however, I am hurting for the ones that had to sit through all of the chaos. So, I am writing this article to give people some words to ponder on while we recover from this upset.

“We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.” -2 Corinthians 4: 8-9

“ Then you will win in favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all over your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.” -Proverbs 3:4-6

“And the God of grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm, and steadfast.” - 1 Peter 5:10

“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. “You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I.” -John 14:27-28

“So do no fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” -Isaiah 41:10

We often forget that God puts us in situations for certain reasons. Our job is not to question him, even though we may have several, but to be confident in our faith in him to know that he has a plan for us. So, I encourage you, my fellow classmates and members of the community, to put your worry into the hands of God.