Dear Future Self,

Dear Future Self,

An important letter many don't write.

22
Dear Future Self,
TheBlondeAbroad

Hi,

It's been awhile since we talked. I'm not sure where you are or what you're up to. I can't tell if you're married or single. If you have kids or even want kids. If you still love caffe mochas more than anything, or if Grey's Anatomy is still on tv. It's a pretty big transitional period for you right now. You don't exactly know what the next step is, and while it's exciting, it's also terrifying.

But I hope you're happy, doing whatever it is you do. I hope the people in your life are still as great as the ones in it now. I hope some of the same people are still in the picture. I also wish that you branch out, too: make connections, meet loads of interesting new people, and stick around for the ones worth keeping.

I hope you give your heart away only to those who deserve it. I hope you still dance around to music when you're alone in your apartment. I hope you travel to all the places you said you wanted to. I hope you have a French press and a big plant and maybe even a cat or dog. I have very high expectations for you. I think you'll already have fulfilled them in tenfold.

Watch out for the times when it seems like you have no one or that you don't know what you're doing. They will come and probably more often than you like. But then you will remember the countless people you have in your corner. You will remember all the things you've accomplished. The times you thought you'd never get through something. The strength you've gained in picking yourself up again and again. And you will move forward. Just like you always do.

Good luck. I love you.

- Katie