6 Things I Want my Future Daughter to Know.

Remember: it's taken me a lifetime of failure to gather this wisdom.

14

Dear Future Daughter,

It’s only fitting that I write this message to you around the time of Mother’s Day. I never knew unconditional love until the day I met you, and there is no greater joy I will have than the miracle it took bringing you into this world. Here are some life lessons I want you to know:

1. Mistakes Prove You’re Trying

Momma never raised no quitter! She is a firm believer that what doesn’t kill you, makes you stronger. So, rub some dirt in your wound & get back out there kiddo!

2. Never Burn Bridges

You know that ride in Disney World that tells you that it’s a small world, well it is! So whatever you do kiddo, treat everyone the way you would want to be treated. That is with respect of course! You never know, you might be asking that same person you despise for help later on in life. They won’t be likely to help you if you were disrespectful to them.

3. Don’t Judge or Gossip

Seems kind of self explanatory, but even after childhood some people don’t ever stop judging or gossiping. Frankly, over time I realized that gossiping, judging or just worrying about other people’s business is not only disrespectful, but a waste of my time. No one has time to worry about everyone else's business when they have their own things to worry about. Ultimately, the gossip circle goes all the way around and comes back negatively to you every single time. So trust me on this one, you are better off not being a part of it all together.

4. Be You

We go through life figuring out who we truly are, nobody has time or should ever change for anyone else. You wanna be the best you you can be. You shouldn’t change for anyone but yourself. In other words if you don’t like who you are then change for yourself, and only yourself.

5. Challenge Yourself

If something is challenging, it will only benefit you later on. If you fail, at least you failed trying. Life is truly a learning experience. Giving up should never be an option. Accomplishing difficult tasks gives you confidence and happiness.

6. Love Wholeheartedly

You want to wear your heart on your sleeve. Would you walk the plank for this person? If not, then maybe they aren’t right for you.

With Love,

From Your Mother Before You Were Born