An Open Letter To Some Ex-Best Friends

An Open Letter To Some Ex-Best Friends

You might be able to relate or you might not, but here is an open letter to some of my ex-best friends.
238

Whether it was middle school, high school, college or beyond, we've all had a best friend who no longer is our best friend. Relationships can end in a million different ways and I've seen a good chunk of those options first hand. You might be able to relate or you might not, but here is an open letter to some of my ex-best friends.

1. My high school best friend

I'm sorry we lost touch. College sucks. Freshman year we kept our promises. We talked on a regular basis and saw each other on almost every break. I knew about the boys in your life and I kept you up to date on my relationship as well. I knew you hated the major you chose and you were the only one I told when I failed chemistry. I thought the summer after freshman year would be just like high school..but it wasn't. You had an internship and I had a job.

You had new friends and so did I. And I'm not really sure how it happened but we stopped talking. Now I don't know what your major is or if you're talking to anyone. You don't know that I'm planning on going to grad school or that I've fallen in love. But I'm thankful for the things you taught me and for the memories we shared. You saved me more times than I can remember and I'm forever grateful for that. Even if we're not close anymore, I'll always love you and if you need me, I'm here.

2. My college best friend

I'm sorry we were immature. We grew so close so fast and we didn't really get to know each other. We didn't even know each other for a year before we decided to be roommates. I didn't know your quirks and you didn't know mine. We thought living together would be fun and although it was a first, we got tired of each other really fast.

We didn't communicate and that was partly my fault. I'm sorry I hated your boyfriend. I'm sorry I shut you out. If I could start over I would. But now its too late and we don't talk anymore. You have new friends and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. You were the first person I ever went to a college party with but now I avoid seeing you when I go out. Its funny how things can change so fast. I miss you and I hope you're doing well.

Growing up is weird. You never really know who is temporary and who isn't. And it's hard knowing who will be worth the fight and who wont. If either of those friends read this, I hope you agree that we changed each other's lives for the better!