Dear Daughter, About Clothes
Health Wellness

Dear Daughter, About Clothes

Modesty doesn't make you a prude.

2
Dear Daughter, About Clothes

No matter what you wear, guys will notice your body. So I will never tell you that's a good reason to dress modestly. But I hope you do dress modestly because you know you're just as beautiful in a baggy shirt as you are when you get dressed up for prom.

I know there will come a time when you'll want to dress sexy. I hope you save that time for when you're with your female friends because there's safety in numbers and I don't trust others. You'll probably want to do things just because you're old enough to. All I ask is that you protect yourself by not doing it alone.

I will never yell at you for a little cleavage. Sometimes you just want to feel sexy for your sake. All I ask is that when you do it, you do it for you. Guys come and go but your body image will never leave and I want you to know how beautiful you are. The kind of beauty I see when you just rolled out of bed with messy hair and half open eyes.

Dearest daughter, don't listen to the world. You are not living in a man's world when it comes to knowing your worth. If you let that be the case, then I will know I've failed you.