Dear Daddy, You're My Hero

Dear Daddy, You're My Hero

Everything My Father Has Taught Me About Life

42
Dear Daddy, You're My Hero
Alexis Page Photo

I owe my dad a lot for everything he has taught me so far in life. Here are some of them:

Motivation

I can always count on my dad to be there to motivate me for everything. He is always there to lend me a helping hand, an encouraging word or just listen to me when I need to vent about my life. Starting college my dad would help me find all my classes and figure out the best routes to go, while telling me all his college stories and memories. My dad has always been there to help me practice for every presentation I had for school and stay up with me until I had the timing just perfect and was not a nervous wreck about it anymore. I truly would not have succeeded in so many things in life, especially school without my dad.

Support

I am so thankful my dad is not just a "Jesus take the wheel," kind of dad. I had two working parents growing up and my mom worked super early mornings so my dad always took me to school. Meaning my dad did my hair everyday for me. God bless him for all his attempts. Even though I never got to have the cool braids or other hairstyles like other little girls I still smile and laugh at all the effort he would put into it. I do not know any other dad that would have as much patience as my dad did or the practical details he would give my grandpa of how I like my hair done when my grandpa had to take me to school and do my hair. Everything I do he gets involved and supports me 100%. For ex. I am the first person in my family to go greek and if you want to know the most about my sorority and greek life in general besides asking me you can ask my dad. He knows more about the recruitment process, big and littles, and even what a snap bid is better than most sorority girls. If I am involved in something you can bet my dad is right behind me supporting me in anyway he can. Don’t worry he knows when to step back though.

Good Humor

A funny thing is the fact both my dad and I look so serious. People tend to think we are mean or stand offish when in reality we are probably thinking of something funny to say or not to say out loud. No one can make me laugh as hard as my dad can. Between our million inside jokes and nicknames I find myself laughing at the most random times thinking of them. My dad has always taught me how important it is to laugh at yourself and anything that life throws at you. Anytime you can find humor in a difficult situation, you win. I thank him for my sense of humor and wit.

Make A Friend Everywhere You Go

Although my dad may look serious he will talk to everyone and by everyone I mean everyone! The man literally makes a friend wherever he goes. I will leave him alone for five minutes somewhere and when I come back he will be talking to someone and know their whole life story. He always says, "It does not cost anything to be nice." I myself am naturally a shy person, but because of my dad I can also literally talk to anyone. I will go into a class not knowing a soul and always walk out with a friend and new study buddy. I really thank my dad for that because that made college and life so much easier.

Love

My dad has literally treated me like a princess since the day I was born. Because of him I know exactly what I want and deserve in a relationship. I think he is the reason I have so many good guy friends in my life. When I find someone that is even half the man my father is I know I find the right guy.

Hard Work, but Fun

My dad has taught me not give up on anything because anything worth having involves hard work. As much as my dad believes in working hard he believes having fun is just as important. I love my dad for the fact he is all about fun. We can go into a furniture store or just walking around the mall and it will turn into one of most fun times. There is never a dull moment with my father. Everyday before school, work, or wherever I am going he always says, “Bye Kid, I love you, Have Fun!"

(It really turns your whole day around when you go in with the attitude to have fun. Thank you Daddy for that).

Daddy I love you so much!

You're truly one and million, Happy Father's Day!

Love,

Kid

Xoxo