Dear Dad, There's Something I Need You To Know

Dear Dad, I Need You To Know

Thank you for being the very best version of yourself every single day.

776
Dear Dad, I Need You To Know
Emma Daubert

Dear Dad,

I will forever be grateful that you were the very first man in my life. Thank you for loving me first and raising me to be whomever I wanted to be. Thank you for the lessons along the way. You taught me perseverance and handwork. You gave me the inspiration to do big things and a path to follow. I learned compassion and respect from you. I look up to you and I hope one day I make you as proud as you make me. I'm blessed to be your daughter, I hope you feel the same way about being my Dad.

Thank you for putting our happiness above everything else. You would do anything to make us feel safe and secure. You sacrifice so much for us. We see that and we appreciate you for that. You have never let us worry about money, you somehow take care of all of it. We are so fortunate. Thank you for providing us with everything we need to be happy and successful. Your long days of work don't go unnoticed. Despite your early mornings and long days, I can always count on you to take me wherever I need to go or fix whatever I accidentally broke.

Most importantly, thank you for showing me what a man should act like. You treat Mom and us better than we could ever imagine. You never raise your voice no matter how ridiculous we are acting and you could never even think of laying a hand on us. You would never do anything to hurt us. You are so selfless when it comes to us. Some kids don't have it as good as I do. I was fortunate enough to have you as my Dad. You are one of the good ones. You are a real man. You do the impossible. Thank you for showing me how I should be treated in a marriage and how my future children should be loved.

I don't tell you enough how much you mean to me. I see what you do for us. I feel your love. I couldn't fathom going through life without you as my Dad. Thank you for being the man that I can crack jokes with one minute and cry on your shoulder the next. Thank you for the time and the money you have put into sports and education for us. I promise to make you proud. I promise to be as good as a person as you are.

I love you Dad, thank you for being you.