Dear College Roomie, We Have a Problem

Dear College Roomie, We Have a Problem

I have to be honest.

14
Dear College Roomie, We Have a Problem

Dear college roomie,

To be honest, things have been a little weird recently. Every time I walked into my room, laid down in my bed and got on my phone, I found a funny video to show you, but when I turned around you weren't there. Whenever I wanted to rant about life, I couldn't find you to listen. Whenever I wanted to sing along with Justin Bieber, I couldn't find my duet partner. The silence was oddly disturbing. Your absence was not entirely your fault though. This thing called winter break tore us apart. It was both a blessing and a curse.

During finals week, I was so anxious to finish all of my tests and get the hell out of our teeny, little dorm room. You couldn’t have paid me to stay in class any longer, but then it all finally came to an end. You finished your finals and told me you were headed home. I came back to our room to find your suitcase packed and your closet empty. This time home was not the room where we eat cookies and cream ice cream while binge watching One Tree Hill when we should be writing essays. Home was a house far away that I could not visit whenever I got bored.

Five weeks was a long time to go without seeing someone that I usually am within 10 feet of for at least 10 hours a day. I quickly realized that our hometowns are not as fun as they used to be and having a bigger room to myself didn't live up to what I thought it would. I wanted to be on campus sharing a closet-sized room with you. I’ll admit it: I missed you.

I know classes are beginning again and that the stress of tests, internships and our futures will be upon us again, but to be honest, I counted down the days until we would be back in that room. You’re more than just a roommate to me, you’re a sister, and life is a whole lot less boring with you in it. I am so glad to be reunited so we can be idiots together again and stay up until two in the morning every day for absolutely no reason. I bet you even started to miss hearing me snooze my 20 alarms every morning.

As great as it was to see you via Snapchat where I constantly sent you pictures of either my dog or myself with a double chin, I have to admit being back on campus together is even better. Also, don’t think that my ugly Snapchats to you will ever end… even if we’re in the same room.

Love always,

Your roomie