Dear 2017, You Sucked

Dear 2017, You Sucked

A letter to the worst year of my life. Good Riddance.
667

So as 2017 came to a close, I had thought about a few things I'd like to say to send it off the appropriate way.

First of all, a huge Fark You 2017. You were hands down the worst year of my life and I am SO happy you are through. I appreciate the harsh lessons you taught me, but I really won't miss you whatsoever.

Secondly, thanks for making me tougher than I ever thought I'd be. Between people dying, failing classes and dealing with my own personal ailments, I am in awe of how much this 5 foot 3 body can handle.

Third, I truly hated how you made me drop a few things in my life that I was really passionate about. You did teach me to be patient, and that if something is meant to be it'll happen. I could go on and on about the negative things that happened to me and those around me this last year, but that is not going to do me any good. It's over, time to move on.

Some good things you have taught me 2017 are seldom, but relevant:

1. Patience is a virtue.

2. The love between me, my family and my S.O. are absolutely stronger than ever.

3. My dog really loves to be pet on his cheek.

4. People really do come around if they are meant to be in your life.

5. Sometimes, Life f*cking sucks. But you will get through it stronger.

6. God is Good.

7. You can do anything, but you can't do everything.

8. I have found THE best of friends.

I don't mean to sound pessimistic but I'm really happy I'll never have to look back on 2017 and say, "wow, I really can't wait until this year is over." I am thankful for all that is happened this past year, as it has made me who I am and will continue to affect my life choices from here on out. I have enjoyed looking forward to 2018 and imagining what is in store for me, my friends and family, my boyfriend and his family, and everyone else I care for. If you're reading this also feeling like 2017 was a donkey kick to the head, I feel you. I understand how free you feel now that the weight is off your shoulders. Now, lets go into this year kicking ass, taking names and being our best selves.

This year, I'm going to:

Read More

Drink New Wines (or not because I really, really love Cabs)

Learn How to Sew

Simplify, Simplify, SIMPLIFY!

Drink More Coffee (if that's humanly possible)

Work On School

Find Out How to Change My Oil

Love More

Hate Less

Pray More

Worry Less

It's time we focus on what makes us happy, what makes us get butterflies. It's time to focus on myself, my career, my goals, my relationship. MY DOG! It's time for me to settle the hell down and stop trying to do everything at once. It's time to simplify and enjoy life.

Who's with me?