PSA: Stop Dealing With Two-Faced People

PSA: Stop Dealing With Two-Faced People

They're the worst kind of people.

101

There have been so many people in my life that'll say one thing to your face and another behind your back. Whether it's them trying to leave you out of plans, people talking shit about your personality or whatever they choose to be two-faced about. I want you to know that this is not okay.

I am tired of feeling like I am on good standings with a person and then finding out they talk badly about me behind my back. It's hard to know that people do it to others they don't even know, but I think the worst is to find out that your friends do it to you too.

I think this can be seen on both sides of an issue. When a person is two-faced, I tend to start giving the cold shoulder just because I believe that, that is a toxic personality trait. However, it pisses me off more when my friends who are also upset by this behavior respond by being two-faced themselves and acting like what this person is doing is okay.

I think a lot of people would agree that they would rather hear the things people have to say up front instead of finding out what they said behind their backs, three weeks later. Maybe that's just me but I can't stand people who don't have the decency to come to you before they go to everyone else.

I think everyone is guilty of ranting to their friends about what is going on but I think there is a strong and clear difference between ranting to your friends about another one of your friends who made you upset compared to someone just talked badly someone else to make themselves feel better. It could be as little as talking about someone's appearance on the street to leaving people out of plans when you thought that everyone was going or you find out that the reason you weren't invited wasn't that space was limited. I think it is also important to mention that I think a two-faced friend means more than just talking negatively about someone behind their back. If you use your friends and only come to them when you're in need or then your better option isn't around, that is just as bad as being two-faced, if not the same thing.

I can't help but get so worked up by this topic. I am tired of letting my emotions get to me and have this issue keep popping up. I'm tired of calling my mom for the sole purpose of getting my anger out on someone who won't go run and tell every person involved. I feel like it shouldn't fall on me to fix the way I feel about these people or change the way I let it affect me. The real question is: Why can't you stop being one way to my face and another behind my back?

All in all, everyone needs to stop talking so much trash, especially behind people's backs. I'm sick of dealing with it and I'm others are too. If people can't learn to shake this habit, maybe you and I both need to evaluate who we are friends with.