Getting Rejected From Something You Applied For Stinks, But Everyone's Faced Rejection Sometime

How to deal with rejection

115

Something that I have learned being a freshman at an extremely competitive public university is that I will get rejected from multiple things that I apply to, and that is okay!

Even if you aren't a freshman, maybe you're a sophomore, junior or even a senior that recently faced rejection from a job, graduate school or even a super cool hands-on club that you have at the school you are currently attending; it sucks. I'm not going to sugar coat it, but life goes on!

Go out with your friends, have a nice dinner! I promise you, it is not the end of the world. I remember being a senior in high school, and I thought getting rejected from my dream school would be the end of the world but now, I could not be happier. I am a true believer in the phrase, "everything happens for a reason", a phrase that my high school AP Language teacher would constantly reiterate every day.

You have to believe in yourself if you want to cry, scream, or punch a pillow go do that! However, do not ever think that you are not good enough. For every one success there were probably four or five failures; take this experience as an opportunity to improve your skills, and update your resume. Take what you have learned from your failure and create something amazing from it.

Although getting rejected from something that you are extremely passionate about may seem like it is the end of the world, that maybe there is nothing better for you out there in the world, but you are wrong. Everyone who has faced rejection in their life is strong, intelligent and brave because you adapt to the circumstances. Never give up. Just remember this: everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) happens for a reason.