5 Ways To Handle The Stress Of Earning Your Degree From Your Childhood Bedroom

The struggle is real.

35
Photo by cottonbro on Pexels

As the spring semester starts up and the pandemic continues, a lot us have to make do and get our degrees from home. This can be increasingly challenging when you're dealing with your not-made-for-productivity childhood bedroom.

Have no fear, though, here are five foolproof ways to handle stress so you can get that degree!

1. Visualize your ideal space

Go on Pinterest or TikTok and find the aesthetic that would make you the happiest and most productive with your room. Look at things like: do you like a lot of sunshine? What colors promote your productivity?

For me, my dream bedroom looks like this: I love natural light — it keeps me happy, and the way this room is set up makes me feel calm and productive. Your aesthetic may look a whole lot different, and that's OK! Find what works for you.

Home Goods / Instagram

2. Compare and contrast

What's the difference between the space you have now and the space you are dreaming about? Is it space? Clutter? Colors? For me, It was all about getting rid of random junk from my childhood and getting different colors in my room so I could really feel my best while working. What are you missing?

3. Create action items

Make yourself a to-do list of real-life things that would help your room be your dream room. Is it decluttering? Hanging up different things on your walls? What can you do to make the best of what you've got?

4. Get it done!

Go get some shelves, go to TJMaxx, thrift some decor, buy new sheets — whatever is on your to-do list, get it done! Transform your space and get productive in a way that best suits you and your needs.

5. Get to work.

Now that you've got your ideal set-up, this semester is going to be a lot easier to handle. I'm sure you can better deal with the stress now that you have your ideal room, even if it isn't in your ideal space!